[Buildroot] asm/errno.h: No such file or directory compiling luajit

Angelo Compagnucci angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 12:55:27 UTC 2015

Dear Thomas Petazzoni, Arnout Vandecappelle,

> Dear Thomas Petazzoni,

> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>:
>> Dear Angelo Compagnucci,
>>
>> On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 12:44:04 +0100, Angelo Compagnucci wrote:
>>
>>> Making that link manually
>>>
>>> ln -s $PWD/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/asm
>>> host/usr/include/asm
>>
>> Doing this is absolutely *horrible*. It's making host headers point to
>> target headers. A recipe for disaster.
>>
>> Clearly not the right fix.
>
> Yes, obviously, it was only an experiment to keep the build going to the end.
> Unfortunately the problem remains, I have not an host/usr/include/asm
> link in my host directory and I am eager to understand what's going
> on.
>
> Thank you for your time!

I finally managed to solve the problem.

Luajit is also an host package, so to compile it uses host libraries
installed on my system. One of the package it uses is linux-libc-dev.
I'm on a 64 bits, so the package is in the 64bit variant. It usually
compiles without a problem until this patch:

luajit: needs for 32bit archictectures a 32bit host gcc

So the host compiler doesn't look anymore for the 64bit version of
linux-libc-dev but for the i386 one. So solving the problem was a
matter of installing linux-libc-dev:i386.

Is there any reason why this package not warned me about this type of
behaviour? Or it's a matter of fact that buildroot doesn't provides
any guarantee on host packages?

Thank you for your time!

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo