[Buildroot] php-cgi not executing .php-file

Jan Erichsen jan at erichsen-web.de
Tue Mar 10 06:16:21 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I have got a problem with my php-cgi. It is not executing the php-file,
but echos out the source code instead.

# php-cgi -T -f /var/www/index.php

<?php

echo "Hello from Nios II";

?>
Elapsed time: 0.025940 sec

I am running it on an Altera DE2-115 Board using Nios II as processor. I
used an external toolchain to build the system (toolchain-mmu/x86-linux2
from Nios II Linux Tarball @
ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/nios2-linux/20120802/).

My settings in buildroot are as follow:

[*] php
 Extensions --->
 [*] Session
 [*] zlib
 [*] JSON
 [*] sockets
 [*] Posix
 Interface (CGI) -->

Using the same php-file on debian it is parsed correctly:

root at debian:/# php-cgi -T -f /media/sf_shared/index.php

Hello from Nios II
Elapsed time: 0.002488 sec

What could be the problem here?
If you need more information please let me know.

With best regards,

Jan