[Buildroot] error in skeleton ?

Sagaert Johan sagaert.johan at skynet.be
Fri Feb 27 23:46:11 UTC 2015

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: buildroot [mailto:buildroot-bounces at busybox.net] Namens Peter Korsgaard
Verzonden: vrijdag 27 februari 2015 22:49
Aan: Sagaert Johan
CC: buildroot at busybox.net
Onderwerp: Re: [Buildroot] error in skeleton ?

 > Hi

 > In system/skeleton : the /dev/log is a symlink to /tmp/log  > I think this should be a symlink to /var/log

Well, /dev/log is normally a unix socket to syslog, and /var/log is a symlink to /tmp/, so making it point to /var/log (E.G. /tmp)
doesn't make much sense.

With that said, unless you are using a static /dev instead of devtmpfs (which you really shouldn't be doing), it doesn't matter as
devtmpfs puts a ramdisk on top of /dev.