[Buildroot] Fwd: Re: grub2 failure with gcc-4.9

Thierry Bultel tbultel at free.fr
Thu Feb 19 15:46:09 UTC 2015

Le 05/02/2015 19:44, Steve Kenton a écrit :
> Oops, hit reply instead of reply-all
>
> On 02/05/2015 10:16 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>>  Dear Thierry Bultel,
>>
>>  On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 17:15:13 +0100, Thierry Bultel wrote:
>>
>>>  With gcc-4.9 from Ubuntu
>>>
>>>  (in grub2.mk, I set TARGET_CC="/usr/bin/gcc" \
>>>      TARGET_CFLAGS="-m32" \
>>>  )
>>>
>>>  ... grub hangs.
> I'm not sure if it's related but I think we are mixing host and
> target grub2. When you run ~output/host/usr/sbin/grub-install
> any scripts it runs such as grub-mkimage are run from the
> build hosts /usr/... and not buildroot HOSTDIR or TARGETDIR
> I have been getting elf header mismatches which I think are
> differences between grub 2.00 and grub 2.01-beta

Thanks Steve,

FYI,
I am not using grub-install, but instead:

sudo ./host/usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup \
-b ./host/usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/boot.img \
-c ./images/grub.img -d . /dev/sde

I have notified the grub mailing list, this seems to be an unknown issue
and I need to fill a bug report. (and first try with 2.01-beta ...)

Thierry