[Buildroot] Need clarification about glib and dbus

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:56:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Cédric HEYMAN
<c.heyman at til-technologies.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I intend to use dbus and its C binding Glib on custom distribution built with buildroot 2014.11 for sama5d3 target.
>
> When I take a look at http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings/, I see that DBus-GLib (obsolete) must not be used. It is recommended to use GDBus instead which is the support of DBus in GLib since version 2.26 of GLib.
>
> If I compare with package available in buildroot-2014.11, I read " DBUS_GLIB_VERSION = 0.102" in dbus-glib/dbus-glib.mk.
>
> I feel confused :
>  - Does buildroot compiles dbus-glib (which is indicated deprecated on freedesktop.org) ? what does 0.102 version correspond ?

0.102 is the dbus-glib version, which is obvioulsy not synchronized
with the version of glib (the libglib2 package in buildroot).
Buildroot certainly builds dbus-glib (otherwise there should be some
entry in the autobuilders [1]), even if it is mark as deprecated by
freedesktop developers.

>  - Does buildroot compiles glib upper than 2.26 which supports gdbus ?

gdbus is provided by glib (so, the libglib2 package), for the glib
version packaged in the 2014.11 package, check [2].

[1] http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=dbus-glib-0.102
[2] http://git.buildroot.org/buildroot/tree/package/libglib2/libglib2.mk?id=2014.11#n7

Samuel