[Buildroot] Pending "big" patch series

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Sep 23 18:02:55 UTC 2014

Hello,

A quick status on those big patch series.

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 12:53:21 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

>  * Moving to a two stage gcc build (5 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-September/106069.html
>
>    Needs some testing from others.

Has been merged.

>  * gendoc infra: make it useable for other documents (18 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-September/105678.html
>
>    I'm personally not highly interested in making the gendoc infra
>    suitable for other documents than the manual, so I'm not very
>    motivated to review this. But maybe other persons are interested,
>    especially Samuel or Thomas DS who have followed the gendoc changes?

I've applied PATCH 1, but I've raised concerns on PATCH 2.

>  * fs/ext2: misc enhancements (4 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-September/105325.html
>
>    Needs review, nothing really complicated here.

Still needs review/testing.

>  * Introduce libudev (15 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-September/105309.html
>
>    Needs review and testing, but the patch series has gone through
>    several iterations already, it should be almost good to go.

Ditto.

>  * OpenCV improvement (8 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-August/105208.html
>
>    Needs review.

I've applied the first patch. But the second patch has some major
comments from Yann that are unsolved. Samuel, can you resend a new
version?

>  * New GFX drivers (4 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-August/105179.html
>
>    Needs review.

New version sent by Yann at
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-September/106746.html.
Still needs review and testing.

>  * CMake cleanup (5 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-August/104794.html
>
>    Needs review.

No change, still needs review.

>  * ncurses wide support (4 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-August/104715.html
>
>    Needs testing. We really need to get that one merged early, to get
>    some autobuilder coverage.

Applied.

>  * toolchain: warn for unsafe library/header paths (12 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-August/104702.html
>
>    I have to respin with a new version.

No change, it's on my TODO-list.

>  * perl: add host variant (6 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-August/104654.html
>
>    We need to get that merged to solve some problems, but on the other
>    hand, having to build host-perl as soon as a host Perl module is
>    built is annoying.

No change.

>  * Add libgtk3 and bump webkit to version 2.4.3 (3 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-August/103387.html
>
>    Since the GSoC is over and Hadrien will not continue to work on
>    Buildroot, someone needs to adopt those patches. Eric, maybe?

Eric has taken over the libgtk3 patch and has sent a new version.
Nobody has volunteered for webkit so far.

>  * packages: rename _OPT into _OPTS (2 patches)
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-July/103082.html
>
>    Thomas DS, could you respin this patch series?

Thomas ?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons