[Buildroot] Outcome of the GSoC 2014

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Sep 20 11:11:30 UTC 2014

Dear Eric Le Bihan,

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:25:04 +0200, Eric Le Bihan wrote:

> I have reworked the patch:
>
> - introduction of pkg-config-native in host-pkgconf.
> - addition of a dependency on host-pkgconf to host-libgtk3.
> - addition of multiple backend support (X11/Wayland/Broadway) in libgtk3.

Looks good. Make sure to have a separate patch for pkg-config-native.

> When one adopts a patch, how should the credits be edited? Do I keep the
> original author of the patch in the commit log and add myself in a
> "Signed-off-by" line with some comments, or vice-versa?

Normally, you keep the original author as the author of the patch, add
a new SoB line with your name, and do something like:

[Eric: added this, and that, etc.]

To indicate the changes you've made to the original patch.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons