[Buildroot] Outcome of the GSoC 2014

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sat Sep 20 10:24:06 UTC 2014

Eric, All,

On 2014-09-20 00:25 +0200, Eric Le Bihan spake thusly:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:16:01PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > Eric,

> > > I will adopt this patch.
> >
> > Awesome, thanks a lot!
>
> I have reworked the patch:
>
> - introduction of pkg-config-native in host-pkgconf.
> - addition of a dependency on host-pkgconf to host-libgtk3.
> - addition of multiple backend support (X11/Wayland/Broadway) in libgtk3.
>
> When one adopts a patch, how should the credits be edited? Do I keep the
> original author of the patch in the commit log and add myself in a
> "Signed-off-by" line with some comments, or vice-versa?

It depends. Here's how I do when I have that situation:

  - if there is a substantial amount of the original code kept over, I
    keep the original author as author. Then I had my SoB line.

  - if the code from the original submitter is no longer used, because
    everything was rewritten, then I make myself the author. Then I add
    my SoB line, and change the original author's SoB into a Cc.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.