[Buildroot] [git commit] arch/Config.in.x86: drop BR2_x86_generic

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sat Nov 8 11:26:28 UTC 2014

 > Dear Peter Korsgaard,
 > On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 19:51:06 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
 >> commit: http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=80e406090893ab5a7b5d78e4d243d12fca2b22fb
 >> branch: http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=refs/heads/master
 >>
 >> The fuzzy generic x86 variant doesn't make much sense in the context of
 >> Buildroot, and the recent change to use -march instead of -mtune broke it.

 > No Config.in.legacy handling?

It is only used in the variant choice, so kconfig will automatically
change to the default value (586 for i386, nocona for x86-64) and as
"generic" is not really well defined (see the description in the GCC
manual) I think that is good enough - But yeah, we should inform the
user about it using the legacy support.

I'll add it now, thanks.

--
Venlig hilsen,