[Buildroot] tzdata when using a custom seleton

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Jul 26 06:59:36 UTC 2014

Dear Danomi Manchego,

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:34:10 -0400, Danomi Manchego wrote:

> I think that this comes from commit
> d6a37917dde1293f6e25d87801283e098c22d580, "system: make the zoneinfo
> list a system option", when the timezone list moved from
> tzdata/Config.in to system/Config.in, changing names along the way.
>
> Is it intentional that configurations using custom skeletons can no
> longer install time zone files?  Or is it just a side effect of where
> the moved settings are in system/Config.in?

I believe this is just an unwanted side-effect. Some of the options in
system/Config.in don't really make much sense when using a custom
skeleton (such as customizing the root password, the getty port, etc.).
However, the timezone installation/configuration certainly makes sense.

Yann ?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons