[Buildroot] building native gcc for target

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Dec 29 13:34:02 UTC 2014

Dear Boris Lenin,

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:27:40 +0200, Boris Lenin wrote:

> I want to have a gcc binary in my target, so I can compile ELFs inside it.
> This is for compiling using uClibc as suggested here:
> http://www.uclibc.org/toolchains.html
>
> But after I make, I have no gcc in output/target/usr/bin/gcc
> I also don't have an option to include gcc in menuconfig->Target
> packages->Development Tools
>
> How can I have a working gcc that's using uClibc inside my new rootfs?

This is no longer supported in Buildroot. See
http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#faq-no-compiler-on-target
for more details about this topic.

You should either cross-compile your applications/libraries, or use a
full-featured Linux distribution on your system.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons