[Buildroot] [v3, 12/12] Add option for paranoid unsafe path checking

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Sat Dec 13 15:17:38 UTC 2014

Hi Jörg,

Le 13/12/2014 15:11, Jörg Krause a écrit :
> On Sa, 2014-12-13 at 01:19 +0100, Romain Naour wrote:
>> Hello Jörg,
>>
>> Le 13/12/2014 01:04, Jörg Krause a écrit :
>>> Hi Romain Naour,
>>>
>>> what should I do if a package build fails because of an unsafe path
>>> error? Propose a patch for the package?
>>>

>> Yes, you needs patch the package's build system to remove the host path.
>
> Many thanks! So hostpad and wpa_supplicant need patches.

You're welcome.
I didn't know that these packages were problems with the paranoid wrapper.

>> This error appear if one of the following paths is used during the
>> cross-compilation:
>> "/lib"
>> "/usr/include"
>> "/usr/lib"
>> "/usr/local/include"
>> "/usr/local/lib"
>
> One more question: Why are these pathes unsafe for cross-compilation?

You have a good example here:
http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/da0/da018caa1b79369bdff41d23b8696bc673625e1b/build-end.log

perl-gd try to link with the host (x86_64) libraries wile cross-compiling for mipsel target.
It also include host headers path /usr/include

This is this kind of error we want to avoid before adding a new package or bumping version.

Romain Naour

OPEN WIDE Ingénierie - Paris
23/25, rue Daviel| 75013 PARIS
http://ingenierie.openwide.fr

Le blog des technologies libres et embarquées :
http://www.linuxembedded.fr