[Buildroot] Rootfs for aarch64

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Thu Aug 28 08:42:14 UTC 2014

Hi Pradeep,
Pradeep Kiruvale wrote,

> Hi Will,
>
> I tested this rootfs you pointed. But it does not have the network devices in /
> dev and many other devices.
>
> So if I say ifconfig it can't get network configurations. Please let me know
> how can I get full rootfs.

I recently started to get my linux system working in
qemu-system-aarch64. Important is that you use virtio drivers and
the right startup commands.
Something like this should work:
qemu-system-aarch64 -nographic -M virt -cpu cortex-a57 -smp 1 \
  -netdev user,id=eth0 -device virtio-net-device,netdev=eth0 \
  -device virtio-blk-device,drive=vda \
  -drive file=qemu-aarch64.img,if=none,id=vda

I am using Qemu 2.1.

good luck
 Waldemar