[Buildroot] Rootfs for aarch64

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:27:21 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Pradeep Kiruvale
<pradeepkiruvale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am very new to aarch64/arm64. I want to port some application from x86 to
> arm64
> so I need to build a environment for porting and testing the software.
> Please let me
> know how can I create a rootfile system and image for the newer version of
> the linux.
>
> I want to build a full fledged rootfs with all possible libraries and want
> to mount nfs.
>
> I did try for a while, do to some configuration issues I am not able to boot
> the image
> which I built on x86. I am using linaro foundation as a simulator.

In general unless you need to I would use qemu over the foundation
model as it is quicker and IMO easier to work with.

This blog post gives some detail about using it:

http://www.bennee.com/~alex/blog/2014/05/09/running-linux-in-qemus-aarch64-system-emulation-mode/

Also note that Ubuntu (and Fedora) is available for aarch64 so if you
want a full development system with package management that may be
more suitable.