[Buildroot] Building RPi toolchain with 2014.05

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Tue Aug 26 08:23:38 UTC 2014

Malte, Al,

On 2014-08-26 09:11 +0200, Malte Forkel spake thusly:
> with buildroot 2013.05, I could create a toolchain for Raspberry Pi with
>     $ make rpi_defconfig
>     $ make toolchain
> If I try the same with buildroot 2014.05, i.e.
>     $ make raspberrypi_defconfig
>     $ make toolchain
> the log ends with
>     >>> toolchain-buildroot undefined Extracting
>     >>> toolchain-buildroot undefined Patching
>     >>> toolchain-buildroot undefined Configuring
>     >>> toolchain-buildroot undefined Building
>     >>> toolchain-buildroot undefined Installing to target
>     >>> toolchain undefined Extracting
>     >>> toolchain undefined Patching
>     >>> toolchain undefined Configuring
>     >>> toolchain undefined Building
>     >>> toolchain undefined Installing to target
> and the directory output/toolchain is not created.
>
> What am I missing?

I just tested the master branch, and it does build the toolchain
sucessfully.

But the toolchain does not end up in output/toolchain/. It is located in
output/host/  and can be called with, for example:
    /path/to/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.