[Buildroot] HTTP access to git repository outdated

Mike Zick minimod at morethan.org
Mon Aug 25 11:51:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:13:43 +0200
Richard Braun <rbraun at sceen.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 01:53:29PM +0300, Baruch Siach wrote:
> > This is a known problem. Try adding or removing the trailing slash
> > from the git repository URL.
>
> This makes no difference on my machine. Is there any intent to fix it
> at least ? I personally don't mind the issue too much if it doesn't
> last. Others might simply not have a choice.

If you are posting about git.buildroot.net - - -

Then:
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot "master" is 4 days old

And:
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/ "master" is 30 hours old

Same, same, known problem.

Check your browser after you try each "view" - your browser may
be trying to "help" you by removing the '/' regardless of what
you actually entered.

- - - -

Note: http servers **should** re-direct from /directory to /directory/
but this one does not and it is a "managed" server.
The hosting providers have not been able to find out "why" for
quite some time now.

Mike