[Buildroot] github download helper question

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Fri Aug 1 12:07:15 UTC 2014

Hi Developers,

for ARC C library testing I would like to use
a special branch of
https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/gcc.
How I can do this with buildroot?
I need the arc-4.8-tls branch to test the uClibc NPTL port
for ARC.

The manual is empty:
http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#download-infra

Unfortunately I do not understand the involved make
magic to download stuff from github.

Thanks for any hints,
 Waldemar