[Buildroot] Buildroot and Git repository (u-boot + kernel)

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Nov 20 22:28:37 UTC 2013

On 20/11/13 17:47, Freedreamer wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> thanks for reply. here in the attachement the config file.Buildroot is
> the last one on git (pulled yesterday)
>
> Regards
>
> Marco
>

> 2013/11/20 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
> <mailto:thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>>
>
>     Dear Freedreamer,
>
>     On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:49:03 +0100, Freedreamer wrote:
>
>      > I'm Marco from Italy and that's the first Time I write here . I've
>      > been trying to integrate in buildroot my custom u-boot and kernel I
>      > have on my gitlab. In u-boot repository version I set up  my branch
>      > name but br seems downloading always the master version from git.
>      > Anyone can help me ? Same situation with the kernel.

  What you have configured _should_ work. What buildroot does is:

- clone the repository (shallow clone if possible);

- export a tarball of the requested tag/branch;

- delete the repository again.

  Please note that once the tarball exists in the download directory
(./dl by default) it will not be downloaded again - you have to do a
'make linux-dirclean' *and* remove the tarball in order to re-download it.

  Can you remove the tarball from the download directory, run 'make
linux-source' and post the output?

  Regards,
  Arnout