[Buildroot] [git commit] udisks: only build documentation if requested

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Nov 20 17:03:52 UTC 2013

On 20/11/13 09:27, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

>>   >> -UDISKS_CONF_OPT = --disable-remote-access
>>   >> +UDISKS_CONF_OPT = --disable-remote-access \
>>   >> +       $(if $(BR2_HAVE_DOCUMENTATION),,--disable-man-pages)
>>
>>   > Since BR2_HAVE_DOCUMENTATION is deprecated, shouldn't we disable the
>>   > man pages unconditionally?
>>
>> We could, but so far we haven't removed BR2_HAVE_DOCUMENTATION, so I
>> kept it for now.
>>
>> I'm planning on removing the option very soon in the 2014.02 cycle.
>
> Ok, great.
> Do we have an overview when which deprecated features will be removed?

  For reference, here's a list of when things were deprecated:

2012-11-10 BR2_HAVE_DOCUMENTATION
2013-09-19 BR2_INSTALL_OBJC
2013-09-19 BR2_INSTALL_FORTRAN
2013-01-24 BR2_GDB_VERSION_7_2
2013-01-24 BR2_GDB_VERSION_7_3
2012-12-11 BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_3_1
2012-12-11 BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_3_3
2012-12-11 BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_3_5
2013-03-01 BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_3_6
2013-04-05 BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_3_7
2013-06-08 BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_3_8
2013-09-03 BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_3_9
2010-04-09 BR2_PACKAGE_SQUASHFS3 (therefore BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_SQUASHFS3)
2012-11-10 BR2_PACKAGE_AUTOCONF
2012-11-10 BR2_PACKAGE_AUTOMAKE
2012-12-09 BR2_PACKAGE_CCACHE
2010-09-20 BR2_PACKAGE_LZMA
2012-11-03 BR2_PACKAGE_NETKITBASE
2012-11-03 BR2_PACKAGE_NETKITTELNET
2012-10-22 BR2_PACKAGE_PKG_CONFIG
2012-03-18 BR2_PACKAGE_TTCP
2013-03-25 BR2_PACKAGE_VALA
2012-12-18 BR2_PACKAGE_XSTROKE

  Note: it's quite a bit of work to generate this list since I didn't
find a way to do it automatically, so I propose to save it somewhere :-)

  As to which ones can be removed: I think that things should be kept
around for at least a year (i.e. 4 releases), to give users a little bit
of time to react. So that means that everything that was deprecated
before 2013 can be removed.

  Regards,
  Arnout