[Buildroot] Tool to check packages updates

arnaud aujon arnaud.aujon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 15:34:38 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I updated the script to check package updates. It improved a lot :)
Current result are 841 packages checked : 372 up to date, 315 can be
updated and 154 are unknown.
It's still in developpement, there is a lot of thinks that can be improved :
  - handle svn
  - add a 'status' column
  - improve checking of sourceforge project, currently I retrieve last
version of the project using a /latest url, but it's not working when the
project provides several tools or libraries.
  - for projects using git, if the version is a hash, I retrieve HEAD hash
and compare it to the version, but I'm not checking if the hash represent a
tag (ie, most of the time a stable release)
  - code refactoring to avoid code duplication

2013/11/8 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>

> Also, it would be nice if you could order the list of packages
> alphabetically.

Done ! You can click on the column title to sort packages

Regards,

Arnaud