[Buildroot] [pkg-luarocks infra V3 08/10] luasql-sqlite3: renamed like with LuaRocks

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Nov 15 08:20:49 UTC 2013

Dear Thomas De Schampheleire,

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 08:49:50 +0100, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

> How have you moved this file? I don't see any indication of a
> git-aware move, it seems to be an independent delete+add...

Regardless on how you move things (either git mv, or plain mv), git
format-patch -M should be able to detect renames. At least, that's my
understanding of the thing: git does track renames per se, but
format-patch can detect them when two files are quite similar, and then
encode the change as a rename + a small diff, rather than a full
removal + full addition.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons