[Buildroot] [RFC] Continuous integration

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Sun Nov 10 11:18:11 UTC 2013

Hi Matthew,

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 01:35:46PM -0600, Matthew Weber wrote:
> We might have a fourth semi-continuous integration scenario that prevents
> server thrashing at each check-in.
> - We run the script every night processing the current GIT tip at that
> time.
> - We clean each of the full cfg builds and let the script do a complete
> re-build.  (We do this because the individual pkg  cleans aren't
> guaranteed
> to cleanup the pkg installs)
> - Once all jobs complete we terminate the script and eventually will send
> the report with status.
> (I'll clean-up what I changed and get it committed.  Would you be up for
> optional runtime config options?  One might be to enable continuous
> or a one-stop script execution.)

It's pretty much what I've setup here already:
http://jenkins.free-electrons.com/job/buildroot/

It runs every night and start a clean build of all the configuration
we have if a new commit has been merged.

The only thing missing here is that the emails get only send to Peter,
Thomas P. and I because I didn't want to spam the list, but this can
easily be changed.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons