[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sat Nov 23 23:07:53 UTC 2013

On 22/11/13 13:13, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Fatih Aşıcı,

>>> Weird thing. It's having problems when building things for the host...
>>> but it uses target headers when building for the host. Someone needs to
>>> look closely into this. Fatih ? :-)
>>
>> All those headers belong to Qt. Qt does not install headers into host prefix.
>> This might be intentional. It doesn't sound like a problem to me.
>
> It does to me. Headers correspond to libraries. And therefore, headers
> installed in $(STAGING_DIR) match libraries installed in
> $(STAGING_DIR), and so built for the target. Including headers from
> $(STAGING_DIR) to build native tools seems wrong.

  And just to prove that point: when the staging dir is removed from the
include path, that file compiles fine. That is, after symlinking the
QtCore directory to somewhere else in the include path, otherwise the Qt
includes can't be found. Another solution is to replace the -I with
-idirafter, so the system includes come first.

  The reason that the staging dir has to be included is because that's
the only place where you can find the core Qt libraries.

  The funny thing is that Qt is smart enough to link with the libraries
in host/usr/lib and install the executables in host/usr/bin...

  Regards,
  Arnout