[Buildroot] Autobuilder site back online

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Nov 18 12:59:59 UTC 2013

Dear Arnout Vandecappelle,

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 13:55:20 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

>   I read:
>
> config BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_XILINX_MICROBLAZEEL_14_3
>          bool "Xilinx Little Endian Microblaze GNU Tools 14.3"
>          depends on BR2_microblazeel
>          depends on BR2_HOSTARCH = "x86_64" || BR2_HOSTARCH = "x86"
>          depends on !BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB
>
>   Is it possible that the autobuilder scripts randomly set
> BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB?  If that is set, then none of the official
> external toolchain profiles work and the default will be a custom
> preinstalled one...

Aaah, you got it! Indeed the autobuilder randomly sets
BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB, and this isn't going to work properly when the
external toolchain is glibc based, since I've excluded glibc/eglibc
toolchains from the static build thing.

I guess I need to improve the autobuild script to only use
BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB when !glibc && !eglibc (i.e at the moment, when
uClibc is used).

Thanks for spotting this!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons