[Buildroot] [RFC] core: Download all package sources

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Nov 6 23:29:00 UTC 2013

 >> Sure, but that's what we have 'make source' (for specific
 >> configurations) or sources.buildroot.net (for local mirror of
 >> everything) for, right?

 > I don't know what all configurations are being used so I would
 > rather be safe and pull down all of the packages. This would make
 > it easier than running make source on a bunch of different configurations.

But you still only download a single version per package, so you might
not get all the needed sources (and you most likely download a lot more
than you need).

I personally dislike the patch as it's a bit of a hack, but if there's
really a need for something like this then perhaps - But wouldn't it
make more sense if we instead tried harder to ensure all the package
versions we support were available on our mirror?