[Buildroot] [PATCH v3 0/5] udev is now provided by systemd or eudev
Eric Le Bihan
eric.le.bihan.dev at free.fr
Wed Nov 6 15:34:33 UTC 2013
This series converts udev to a virtual package, either provided by systemd or
Starting with version 183, udev has been merged into systemd. This forces the
use of systemd as the init system if /dev is to be dynamically managed by
udev. eudev is a fork of udev, maintained by Gentoo, but isolated from
systemd, so it can be used with any init system.
Systemd has been bumped to v207 and a new eudev package has been added.
Version 1.3 of eudev is in sync with systemd v207.
The bump of systemd to v207 also introduces new options, like the activation
of the journal gateway.
In the end:
- if systemd is selected as init system, the /dev management will handled by
udev. No either choice possible.
- if busybox or SysV is chosen, the user can choose to manage /dev
statically, or dynamically using mdev or eudev.
Changes v2 -> v3:
- reordered patches for better bisectability (suggested by Thomas).
- removed uClibc support for Systemd (suggested by Arnout).
- bumped systemd to v207 (no more backport patches).
- bumped eudev to 1.3.
Changes v1 -> v2:
- split patch for better readability.
- promoted init system selection above /dev management in "System
- /dev management selection is not displayed if systemd is chosen as init
system, as udev is the only possible choice (suggested by Arnout).
- added "Dynamic with eudev" choice in /dev management selection.
- less patches for systemd/uclibc compatibility, thanks to recent update of
- autoreconf not needed anymore for systemd (thanks to removal of
- ACL/Gudev support in systemd activated only if acl/libglib2 are
selected (suggested by Arnout).
- udev package provides BR2_PACKAGE_HAS_UDEV (suggested by Thomas).
- converted packages depending on
- eudev source code fetched as a tarball, not from Git tree (suggested by
- removed "enable all extras" option from eudev configuration: Gudev support
is activated if libglib2 is selected (suggested by Arnout).
- added option to build udev rule generator in eudev, as it was in previous
version of udev.
- removed dependency on hwdata for systemd and eudev, as both embed their
own hardware database.
Eric Le Bihan (5):
system: move init system option above /dev management.
sysvinit: depend on SysV selected as init system.
eudev: new package.
udev: convert to virtual package.
systemd: bump to v207.
Config.in.legacy | 8 ++
package/Config.in | 1 +
package/eudev/Config.in | 25 +++++++
package/eudev/S10udev | 48 ++++++++++++
package/eudev/eudev.mk | 50 +++++++++++++
package/libatasmart/Config.in | 4 +-
package/network-manager/Config.in | 6 +-
package/pcsc-lite/Config.in | 2 +-
package/systemd/Config.in | 43 +++++++++--
package/systemd/systemd-fix-getty-unit.patch | 36 +++++----
package/systemd/systemd-fix-page-size.patch | 43 -----------
package/systemd/systemd-uclibc-fix.patch | 59 ---------------
package/systemd/systemd.mk | 85 +++++++++++++++++-----
package/sysvinit/Config.in | 1 +
package/udev/Config.in | 43 +----------
package/udev/udev.mk | 47 +++---------
package/udisks/Config.in | 8 +-
package/usbmount/Config.in | 4 +-
package/weston/Config.in | 4 +-
package/x11r7/xdriver_xf86-input-evdev/Config.in | 4 +-
system/Config.in | 81 ++++++++++++---------
21 files changed, 326 insertions(+), 276 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 package/eudev/Config.in
create mode 100755 package/eudev/S10udev
create mode 100644 package/eudev/eudev.mk
delete mode 100644 package/systemd/systemd-fix-page-size.patch
delete mode 100644 package/systemd/systemd-uclibc-fix.patch
More information about the buildroot