[Buildroot] Introducing new package type, side to side with generic-package

Stanislav Vlasic svlasic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 01:46:06 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

thanx for answering my question.

Not sure if you noticed, but currently in my buildroot, xbmc stuff is
tightened to Amlogic ARM platform, as well as xbmc itself. It does not
follow mainline xbmc and also depends on some other amlogic related
packages. Some of these packages (like libamplayerm6) are not hosted on my
github. Reason for that is simple - they have to be rewritten and parts of
it needs to be published as compiled libraries because of license issue
with Amlogic. Your question still stands? :)

Regards,
Stan