[Buildroot] using a variable within a buildroot menuconfig

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Jun 27 12:25:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

 >> I know that it is not very nice way, but I need to integrate buildroot
 >> with Texas Instruments SDK, which is not very GNU build tools friendy.

 Arnout>  I wonder what you mean with the TI SDK. You probably mean you have to
 Arnout> use _some packages_ that are in the 700MB self-extractor, right?
 Arnout> Because the SDK itself is in fact a replacement for buildroot (or
 Arnout> buildroot is a replacement for the SDK, depending on how you want to
 Arnout> look at it :-).

 Arnout>  Getting that stuff to work is absolute horror, I can testify. I did
 Arnout> that a year and a half ago for the DM365 multimedia codecs, but I
 Arnout> never found a reasonable solution to extract and build individual
 Arnout> packages.

FYI, I'm currently looking at more-or-less the same horror, E.G. the
1.6G ezsdk blob for ti81xx.