[Buildroot] Beaglebone Black support

Frank Hunleth fhunleth at troodon-software.com
Mon Jun 24 03:30:12 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM, rh <richard_hubbe11 at lavabit.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 15:21:04 -0400
> Frank Hunleth
> <fhunleth at troodon-software.com> wrote:
>
> --8<--
>
>> However, copying the patches over to buildroot seems wrong and painful
>> to maintain, but as far as I can tell, there's no official/maintained
>> git repo with the beaglebone.org kernel patches.
>
> This seems official to me but not sure what you mean by official.
> Do you mean kernel.org-official?  TI-official? Circuitco?

I'd just like to point to a kernel that is maintained and has the
features that I need. The one at github.com/beagleboard/kernel is the
obvious choice since that's what's shipped on the Beaglebone Black.

The point of my email is just that the github.com/beagleboard/kernel
repository is not in a form that nicely integrates with buildroot due
to it just containing patches for a Linux kernel. I'm just looking for
pointers on how best to handle this.

For the time being, I just ran the github.com/beaglebone/kernel script
to create a patched kernel, tarred it up and posted it on a server for
buildroot to download. It will become annoying after a few updates to
the patch set, and I may consider automating it, but for now it keeps
me moving forward. I'll happily change what I'm doing should a better
way come up.

Frank