[Buildroot] Changes in the Buildroot autobuilders

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jun 18 07:16:39 UTC 2013

Dear Arnout Vandecappelle,

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:21:17 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

>   So I think a nice solution would be to add a script in support/scripts
> that explicitly encodes all the maintainers - maintainers can add
> themselves with patches (just like in the kernel). The a.b.o would fetch
> the script once a day just before sending out its daily mails, and call
> it with everything it knows about the build failure set in the environment.

This does sound like a nice idea, but I would like it to also handle
architecture maintainers if possible.

So something like:

support/script/get_maintainer --arch arc --package tvheadend

would return:

Mischa Jonker <Mischa.Jonker at synopsys.com>
'Yann E. MORIN' <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>

the first being the architecture maintainer, the second being the
package maintainer.

But then, I would probably have to send one e-mail per failure, because
grouping them would be hard since there may be another failure for
tvheadend, but not on the ARC architecture.

>   However, Spenser points out in another mail:
>
> > I think many people would like to know if something they did may have
> > triggered a bug, not just the maintainer of the package.
>
>   I could agree with sending mails automatically to the authors of a
> package commit if the commit was done in the last week or so.

Hum, ok. Not impossible to do, for sure.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons