[Buildroot] qt5: No SOURCES in qmake created Makefiles

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jun 17 14:22:13 UTC 2013

Dear Andreas Naumann,

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:13:32 +0200, Andreas Naumann wrote:

> when using qt4 up till now I used the output/host/usr/bin/qmake to
> prepare out of tree projects/examples for compilation. Worked like a
> charm and i was very happy being able to use a consistent toolchain for
> that.

Using output/host/usr/bin/qmake is indeed the correct way and is
supposed to do the right thing in terms of toolchain and flags and so
on.

> However when I try the same with the qt5 qmake binary, the the SOURCES
> of the .pro file (and maybe other options) dont make it into the
> Makefile.

Can you clarify exactly what happens?

> So running make results in "Nothing to do for target first".
> Have you or anybody else successfully compiled out of tree qt5
> applications and if so how? Or, are there any examples on writing a
> package for qt5 applications?

It has been a few months now, but when I did the Qt5 packaging, I'm
pretty sure I did test a sample Hello World application that was
compiled "out of tree" (i.e not a Buildroot package) with
output/host/usr/bin/qmake. There may have been some regressions/issues
in the mean time, though.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons