[Buildroot] Eclipse does not see Toolchain

Scott Kelly skellystarman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 23:14:07 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm using a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04, latest Buildroot (2013.05),
Eclipse Juno SR2 CDT and have installed the Eclipse Buildroot plugin from
release URL (seems to be the correct latest 2.1 release). I perform my
Buildroot build with the "Register Eclipse Plugin" option checked and
indeed the integration file (~/.buildroot-eclipse.toolchains) is created.

But, for the life of me, I can't work out why the toolchain is not detect
or listed by Eclipse. I've tried with both internal and external Toolchains
but no difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can look for clues as to
what the problem might be. I've checked the Eclipse log file but am not
sure what I am looking for and didn't really find anything anyway.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott