[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2013-06-04

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jun 5 18:52:49 UTC 2013

 Thomas> Hello,
 Thomas> On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 18:29:24 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

 >> >              host-libftdi-0.19 | 20
 >>
 >> Those issues are caused by the bump of libtool, from the testing I
 >> could do. Reverting libtool to the previous version "solves" the
 >> problem.
 >>
 >> The thing that happens is that libftdi (for the target) has
 >> AUTORECONF=YES, but not host-libftdi. So libftdi gets autoreconfigured,
 >> and then when host-libftdi is being built, even though we don't have
 >> AUTORECONF=YES, when starting the build, it does execute
 >> 'CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd .
 >> && /bin/bash /home/test/outputs/libftdi/build/host-libftdi-0.19/missing
 >> --run aclocal-1.11 ' and it ends up failing.

 Thomas> Ok, the reason it does execute "missing" and does a kind of automatic
 Thomas> autoreconf is because we have one patch that modifies configure.in. So
 Thomas> configure.in is more recent than the configure script itself. When
 Thomas> libtool/autoconf/automake has not been built before host-libftdi, then
 Thomas> this automatic autoreconf cannot proceed:

That makes more sense. I didn't get how a target build (in a different
directory) could affect it.

So the fix is just HOST_LIBFTDI_AUTORECONF = YES?

 Thomas> and it in facts makes the thing work.

 Thomas> However, when this "automatic autoreconf" is done, and an
 Thomas> automake/autoconf/libtool set of tools, with the latest libtool, has
 Thomas> already been built and installed, then it generates some wrong stuff.

 Thomas> An easy fix is to add:

 Thomas> HOST_LIBFTDI_AUTORECONF = YES

 Thomas> to libftdi.mk. It doesn't really explain why it was working with
 Thomas> libtool 2.2 and no longer with libtool 2.4, but it works.

Indeed, odd. Well, having <pkg>_AUTORECONF = YES without
HOST_<pkg>_AUTORECONF = YES is obviously wrong, so let's just fix that.