[Buildroot] AM3517 Neon, OpenGL & EGLFS support

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 17:36:29 UTC 2013

This is probably a question for Prabu and Spenser as I undestand a
buildroot patch is on the near horizon for Qt5 and OpenGL.

I have downloaded last nights nightly build of buildroot and built Qt5
for ARM for the TI AM3517 as we try to move from Qt-4.8.2 to Qt-5.0.2
and am looking at three features that are currently disabled.

These are support for Neon, OpenGL & EGLFS.

I was able to add QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL_ES2, QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL_ES2 &
QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 to the mkspec patch this week using last weeks
buildroot-20130529 and get OpenGL to compile pointing to my external
TI Graphics_SDK, but then get into trouble with EGLFS and later on
with VERSION in qt_module.prf. So, I think there is a bit more to the
problem then just adding constants to the mkspecs patch.

Can someone possibly describe more of what needs to be done in a
dialect of techno-babble that I understand to get these three features
supported for the AM3517, please?

--
Charles Krinke