[Buildroot] Why does boost require bzip2

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Mon Jun 3 18:13:44 UTC 2013

Hello,

Does anyone know why the boost package requires bzip2? I am wanting to
build a very small rootfs and require only a single boost library, I
want to avoid the overhead of having the bzip2 library in my target fs.

If I change the boost package it still manages to build all the
libraries so I can't work out which libraries need bzip2. (I also have a
build failure when trying to build the boost context library, it is
failing because my arm target doesn't support the assembler, I'll look
into that error separately).

Thanks
Will
Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7471 9224
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA