[Buildroot] [PATCHv2 03/25] arch/arm: remove OABI option
thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Jul 13 22:27:26 UTC 2013
From: "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>
OABI is more than legacy, it's dead.
New developments should go with EABI, since it so much better.
>From the Debian EABI page  :
- floating point performance, with or without an FPU is very much faster
- mixing soft and hardfloat code is possible
- structure packing is not as painful as it used to be
- a more efficient syscall convention
- more compatibility with various tools
[Thomas: keep the ABI choice, as we are going to introduce EABIhf later].
Signed-off-by: "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>
Cc: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>
arch/Config.in.arm | 7 -------
1 file changed, 7 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/Config.in.arm b/arch/Config.in.arm
index 983cac4..4daa91f 100644
@@ -72,19 +72,12 @@ choice
Application Binary Interface to use
- Using OABI is discouraged.
- bool "OABI"
- depends on !BR2_GCC_VERSION_4_7_X
- depends on !BR2_ARM_OABI
bool "Enable NEON SIMD extension support"
More information about the buildroot