[Buildroot] Beaglebone Black support

Frank Hunleth fhunleth at troodon-software.com
Wed Jul 3 11:54:31 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

> I think the best way forward in the short term would be if somebody
> would maintain a git tree containing the kernel sources and Koen's patch
> set applied on top, and once in a while sync / send a patch to buildroot
> to update the git revision the bbb config uses.

FWIW, Robert Nelson (Ubuntu and Debian maintainer for Beaglebone)
regularly posts a summarized version of Koen's patch set. Here's what
I'm currently using for the BBB:

BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_VERSION=y
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_VERSION_VALUE="3.8.13"
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_PATCH="http://rcn-ee.net/deb/sid-armhf/v3.8.13-bone22/patch-3.8.13-bone22.diff.gz"

It seems to work, but I haven't tested all that much yet.