[Buildroot] How to manually download a package?

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:46:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

I enabled vim, but the download site seems unreachable from my place.
But I can find the vim-7.3 from other mirror sites.  Problem is, I am
not sure how should I put my manually downloaded file and more
important, what's the package tarball file name buildroot is expecting.

Below are build error message when buildroot failed to download vim:

>>> vim 699f8d8f096d Downloading
abort: error: Network is unreachable
--2013-07-24 16:20:53--
http://sources.buildroot.net//vim-699f8d8f096d.tar.gz

Does it mean that I just need to download the vim-7.3.tar.gz and rename
it as vim-699f8xxxx.tar.gz before put it in the buildroot download
directory?

Thanks in advance.

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then