[Buildroot] Problem compiling local code
s.martin49 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 07:27:03 UTC 2013
Hi Thomas, Ryan, all,
2013/7/23 Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com>:
> Hi Ryan,
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Ryan Wilkins <ryan at deadfrog.net> wrote:
>> On Jul 22, 2013, at 4:14 PM, Ryan Wilkins <ryan at deadfrog.net> wrote:
>>> On Jul 19, 2013, at 1:29 AM, Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Hi Ryan,
>>>> Is there any output regarding the hello package, like 'downloading',
>>>> 'extracting', 'building', etc. or nothing at all?
>>>> What is the name of the config option that you added, and are you sure
>>>> it's enabled in .config?
>>>> What happens if you explicitly run 'make hello' ?
>>>> Depending on what you did before, you may also need to clear previous
>>>> attempts from the output, for example with:
>>>> make hello-dirclean
>>>> If the hello package is seen correctly by buildroot, but the
>>>> compilation doesn't work correctly, you may want to add
>>>> KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 to the make command, to see the actual make command
>>>> Best regards,
>>> Thanks for the response. After some digging around, I found that buildroot wasn't even trying to grab or compile my code. What I discovered earlier today is that the variable names that I was using contained too many underscores. My Config.in and hello.mk files were using variables set as BR2_PACKAGE_COMPANY_PROJECT_HELLO. When I shortened it to just BR2_PACKAGE_HELLO then it started working properly. Apparently the additional underscores confused some parsing of the buildroot and/or Kbuild system. If that was mentioned in the documentation then I missed it. Maybe it was assumed. In any case, it's working now.
>>> Thanks for your help on this. I appreciate it.
>> And I put the wrong variable names down in this email. Was going from memory while my wife was driving the car.
>> Config.in had BR2_PACKAGE_COMPANY_PROJECT_HELLO which changed to BR2_PACKAGE_HELLO.
>> hello.mk had COMPANY_PROJECT_HELLO_ variable names prefix which changed to HELLO_.
>> That solved the issues.
> Thanks for reporting back. Buildroot indeed expects
> BR2_PACKAGE_<packagename> in the Config.in files, and
> <packagename>_... for the .mk files. I also couldn't find this
> restriction explicitly mentioned in the documentation, it's only
> implicitly shown in the examples. You're very welcome to send a patch
> to update the documentation in this respect!
Actually it's already in the documentation:
Anyway, you're more than welcome to submit patch for the doc ;-), to
make this point more obvious,
or any other things you've found uncovered in the manual.
More information about the buildroot