[Buildroot] [RFC 2/3] sunxi-mali: new package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 18 08:16:01 UTC 2013

Dear Spenser Gilliland,

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 02:21:44 -0500, Spenser Gilliland wrote:

> > Ok. As discussed on IRC, one option would be to extend the download
> > infrastructure to be able to pass the --recursive option to Git. Not
> > sure it's worth the effort for one package though. Maybe what you did
> > with sunxi-mali + sunxi-mali-prop is the simplest option for now. As I
> > noted, it should however be documented.
>
> Because git-archive does not easily support creating tarballs of git
> submodule based projects, I've decided to keep the current structure.

Right, sounds good to me.

> Just as further discussion, I went down the path of transforming the
> CONFIGURE step into a post extract hook. However, I'm concerned that
> this may cause a race condition if the post-extract-hook occurs before
> sunxi-mali-prop is extracted. Perhaps, this needs to be a post
> configure hook so that the dependency is satisfied.

You are absolutely correct. By the time sunxi-mali is extracted, there
is no guarantee at all that sunxi-mali-prop will be extracted, so my
suggestion of moving the copying of sunxi-mali-prop stuff into
sunxi-mali sources at the extract step clearly doesn't work. Doing it
at the configure stage as you did is the only solution, so you were
right.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons