[Buildroot] buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Fri Jul 5 13:39:16 UTC 2013

>>>>> "scsijon" == scsijon  <scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au> writes:

Hi,

Please send buildroot questions to the buildroot list instead of
directly to me, thanks.

 scsijon> Any chance that buildroot may have a 'switch' to make the development
 scsijon> files (compiler, header files, etc.) appear in the target.

We used to have that (BR2_HAVE_DEVFILES), but it has been deprecated for
a while and has recently been completely removed.

 scsijon> I want to use it together with Aboriginal and create a total
 scsijon> self contained Cross-compiler Development System and they are
 scsijon> needed for further application and utility compiling.

I don't quite understand how you would combine them. Buildroot is really
about cross compiling everyting, and Aboriginal is just the opposite -
Compiling on (emulated) native hardware. They both more or less solve
the same problem, just in different ways.