[Buildroot] Beaglebone Black support

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Jul 2 06:07:37 UTC 2013

On 07/01/13 12:10, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:
> checked the linked config from fhunleth, it seems in the used kernel
> tree (
> http://files.troodon-software.com/br/beagleboard-kernel-b37928553c8de3598d8a259d7ce5c4be713c2908.tar.xz
> ), the usb and the ethernet support is broken (or, as it always
> possible, i failed something).
>   So to get a working kernel, i used the patchset from
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev/tree/am33x-v3.8  ,
> ( which patches are extracted from the Angstrom build tree ), applied
> them manually on the mainline tree, created a tarball, and used that to
> build with Buildroot.
> So far everything works well (UART,USB host/gadget, ethernet, GPIO
> tested). I wondering, would it be possible to apply those subdir-style (
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev/tree/am33x-v3.8/patches  )
> patches automatically in Buildroot on an elegant way? Or better to
> create a git tree with applied patches somewhere online and use that in
> Buildroot?

  I guess you can download the patches as a tarball, right? Then you
should just be able to use the tarball's URL in BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_PATCH
and buildroot will extract them from the tarball and apply them all in
directory order (or according to the series file, if present). Or does
that not work for some reason?

  Regards,
  Arnout