[Buildroot] CANBUs Quesetion

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 15 17:01:30 UTC 2013

Dear Will Moore,

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:58:11 -0000, Will Moore wrote:

> I think CAN network support is mainline but
> http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/mediawiki/index.php/Out_Of_Tree_Drivers#Contro
> ller_Area_Network_.28CAN.2C_ISO_11898.29 suggests that the peak
> system drivers are out of tree?  Or did I miss something?

I don't know exactly what the mainline driver supports, but:

$ ls drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/
Makefile  pcan_usb.c  pcan_usb_core.c  pcan_usb_core.h  pcan_usb_pro.c  pcan_usb_pro.h

$ cat drivers/net/can/usb/Kconfig
[...]
config CAN_PEAK_USB
	tristate "PEAK PCAN-USB/USB Pro interfaces"
	---help---
	  This driver supports the PCAN-USB and PCAN-USB Pro adapters
	  from PEAK-System Technik (http://www.peak-system.com).

(This is a 3.8-rc2 or -rc3 kernel, don't remember)

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons