[Buildroot] new <pkg>_CONFIG_FIXUP variable

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Mon Jan 7 22:10:10 UTC 2013

Stefan, All,

On Monday 07 January 2013 Stefan Fröberg wrote:
> This patch provides new variable called <pkg>_CONFIG_FIXUP.
> It's purpose is to fix wrong prefixes of $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/*-config file(s)
> that many library packages install after staging installation phase.
>
> Some packages provide multible *-config files.
>
> So as suggested by Thomas Petazzoni and Gustavo Zacarias this
> variable can be feeded multible files.
>
> All filenames are relative to $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin
>
> Example:
>
> DIVINE_CONFIG_FIXUP = divine-config
>
> or:
>
> IMAGEMAGICK_CONFIG_FIXUP = Magick-config Wand-config

Please, put this explanation in the commit message.

Also, add this variable to the documentation:
    docs/manual/adding-packages-generic.txt

Next time, also add a snall changelog to your message, so we know there
was prior discussion and to help Peter to apply the correct patch series.
I do something like:
  Changes v1 -> v2:
    - accept multiple files (Thomas, Gustavo)
    - use paths relative to $(STAGING)/usr/bin

And keep this changelog in each iteration. Add the version of the iteration
in your mail subject.

Thank you! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.