[Buildroot] Next Buildroot Developers Meeting hosted by Google

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Jan 12 15:19:48 UTC 2013

Dear Buildroot developers and contributors,

I am proud to announce that the upcoming Buildroot Developers Meeting
(taking place February 4-5th in Brussels, Belgium) will be hosted by
Google.

Google is currently using Buildroot to build the embedded Linux systems
in some of the embedded devices used for their Google Fiber [1]
project. The source code of their modified Buildroot is available [2].

Thanks to this, one of the Google developer located in Brussels
contacted me this week, proposing to host the upcoming Buildroot
Developers Meeting. After discussion with Peter, we decided to accept
the proposal.

Therefore, Google will be offering the meeting room, Internet
connection (which, supposedly, should work a lot better than the one of
Hotel Grumps in Barcelona, for those who remember), free lunch and
refreshments for the participants.

The meeting location will therefore be the Google Brussels office,
located Chaussée d'Etterbeek 180, 1040 Brussels. This is only a 5-10
minutes walk for the original location, and is still located in
Brussels center, easily reachable by common transportation.

I hereby would like to thank Google for hosting this meeting, and
therefore providing a nice place for Buildroot developers to work and
discuss on our project.

[1] https://fiber.google.com/about/
[2] https://gfiber.googlesource.com/buildroot/+/master
--