[Buildroot] inittab for different systems

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Jan 2 06:37:41 UTC 2013

On 12/21/12 16:36, Yegor Yefremov wrote:
> I have two systems that use DT and thus can share one uImage. I'd like
> to use one rootfs image for both. How do I configure console in
> inittab, so that it can deal with different systems (one has ttyO2 the
> other ttyO3 as console)?

  I think the simplest way is to have a custom inittab that opens a getty
on both ttyO2 and ttyO3.

  I _think_ you can also use /dev/console (assuming console is set up in
your DT) - but I guess strange things will happen if you have multiple
consoles.

  Regards,
  Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540