[Buildroot] Proposed util-linux split

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Tue Feb 26 19:07:45 UTC 2013

On 02/26/2013 04:03 PM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> Another solution is to apply the attached patch, and use the
> --disable-allprogs option. Then, it builds and installs only libuuid.
> It then takes:
>
> real	0m3.209s
> user	0m8.333s
> sys	0m1.196s
>
> Best regards,

I just kill the includes from Makefile.am, it could be a conditional
patch and likely to change less in future versions of util-linux.
Building all at once kills the libuuid without wchar posibility, how
useful that is is up in the air, i didn't try removing WCHAR depends
from apps caused by this and seeing which ones make it.
Regards.