[Buildroot] Buildroot at ELC: review/suggestions needed

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Thu Feb 14 05:35:03 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:13:46PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 19:57:09 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>
> >  * Give me suggestions on what to demonstrate. I will prepare a
> >    slideshow of 10-20 slides that continuously loops (it should
> >    present the main characteristics and features of Buildroot), but I
> >    also would like to have some demo to show (I can bring an ARM board
> >    if needed). Any suggestions, both for the slideshow and the demo?
>
> The current state of the slides is visible at
> http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/pub/buildroot-slides.pdf.

A few comment/suggestions:

Slide 3/11: I'd change "Not the product of any company" to "Not controlled by
any company".

Slide 6/11: It should be noted somehow that these automatic tests are build
test only. Maybe that caption should be "Automatic build testing".

A mention of the built-in support for many popular boards may also be
appropriate.

Thanks for the good work,
baruch