[Buildroot] Buildroot at ELC: review/suggestions needed

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Feb 9 19:06:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 19:57:09 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> As I am going to the Embedded Linux Conference in San Francisco, I've
> submitted a proposal to have a booth at the technical showcase to
> demonstrate Buildroot. The technical showcase takes place after the
> conferences, during about 1 hour, on one evening of the event. My
> proposal has been accepted. It's a good opportunity to raise the
> attention around Buildroot to the ELC crowd.

For more details about the showcase, see
http://www.elinux.org/ELC_2013_Technical_Showcase.

> Therefore, I am requesting your help to:
>
>  * Review the Buildroot poster I've made. The poster will be printed by
>    the event organizers in big format, and I've tried to highlight the
>    main fact about Buildroot, and recent developments.
>
>    See http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/pub/buildroot-poster.png

One thing I could have mentioned is that the project is
"Vendor-neutral". I.e, not backed by a single big company, but really
driven by an open community. Not sure if this is important enough to be
mentioned on this poster (considering the limited paper space, we have
to chose what are the main informations we want to show).

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons