[Buildroot] editing device_table_dev.txt

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Feb 21 22:57:57 UTC 2013

On 21/02/13 11:32, Stefan Fröberg wrote:
>> >Kernel version 2.6.30 is too old for that.
>> >
>> >baruch
>> >
> It is ?
> Damn, then the only options are mdev and udev.

  I'm afraid that mdev and udev no longer work with old kernels that
don't support the DEVTMPFS option...

  mdev and udev don't create device nodes; they only do something
configurable when a hotplug event happens.

  That said, you can create custom mdev/udev rules to create device
nodes. But it's all manual - and much simpler to just create the device
nodes manually.

  Regards,
  Arnout